COLD DRAWN SEAMLESS STEEL PIPE
STOCKED SIZE RANGE:
- 1.000″ to 10.000″ O.D. with 0.100″ to 1.500″ Wall Thickness
- Stocked in 16.000′ – 29.000′ random lengths (cut to length available)
- CARBON: ASTM A106GR.B,A179/192,S45C
CDS(cold drawn steel) seamless tube and pipe is produced by piercing hot billets and subsequent rolling which reduces their diameter and elongates them. This material is then passed through a die and over a mandrel plug to produce an accurate size and gauge which is the essence of the cold drawing process.
BENEFITS OF COLD DRAWN SEAMLESS TUBING:
HIGHER STRENGTH & HARDNESS PROPERTIES
- Cold drawing increases the strength of the tube therefore making it very suitable for safety and performance critical applications.
- Due to the nature of the manufacturing process drawn tubes can be manufactured to close dimensional tolerances, achieving consistent diameter and thicknesses throughout.
- Cold drawn seamless tube usually has a shinier look with no weld lines increasing the aesthetics of the products in which it is incorporated.
- Due to the cold drawing process, CDS has excellent micro-structure uniformity and consistency.
EASIER TO MACHINE
- Due to the superior strength and hardness, it produces a better machined surface and therefore a better-looking component.
SUPERIOR FINISH IN SUBSEQUENT MANIPULATIONS
- As cold drawn tubes have a glossier, no-seam finish they also produce better end products from processes such as dipping, etching and anodizing.
APPLICATIONS BY INDUSTRY:
CONSTRUCTION & HEAVY EQUIPMENT
- Crane Boom Lacings
- Transmission Shafts
- Hydraulic Cylinders
- Machinery Frames & Cages
- Lift Components
- Engine Assemblies
- Other Components Which Liquids Will Flow (Especially at High Speeds)
- Numerous Internal Machine Components
- Hydraulic Components
- Industrial Lift Components
- Tool Extensions
Write your message here and send it to us